The health grill does not only provide a reduced fat cooking option, it is so easy to use and clean. Cooking on the health grill is a quick way to cook delicious meals for everyone to enjoy. You can cook everything on the health grill from meat and vegetables to sandwiches. There are many different health grill recipies for you to choose from or you can get creative and create your own health grill recipies. There are many different health grills to choose from the George Foreman grill to the Gordon Ramsay health grill. This recipe works on any health grill.
Filet Mignon and vegetable kebabs
This is actually a low fat cut of beef, which cooks up fast on the health grill. The filet mignon will be juicy and delicious with the flavors of the vegetables and herbs.
Time: 30 minutes total
• 1 lemon juiced and zested
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tablespoon oregano dried
• 1/2 teaspoon of salt
• 1/4 teaspoon of fresh ground pepper
• 14-18 small cherry tomatoes
• 10 oz stemmed white mushrooms
• 1 zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise. Since into 1 inch pieces
• 1 red onion. Cut onion into several wedges
• 1 lb. filet mignon steak, approximately 2 inches thick. Cut filet into 4 pieces
1. Preheat your health grill to high.
2. Prepare your marinade: Mix lemon juice, lemon zest, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, oregano and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Save 2 tablespoons of this marinate. In a small bowl, mix the remaining marinade, tomatoes, zucchini, onion and mushrooms. Coat the vegetables well. Use ten-inch skewers for the kebobs. Alternate your vegetables as you thread the skewers.
3. Place the filet mignon on the health grill for 4 to 6 minutes on each side to cook the steaks medium. Next, place the vegetable kebobs on the health grill. Turn the kebobs frequently until they are lightly charred but tender. This should take about 9 to 13 minutes. Serve the skewers next to the filet mignon.
Note: You can prepare the marinate ahead of time. You can assemble the skewers the night before and store them in a large freezer bag in the refrigerator. This will make the cooking easier and quicker when you are ready to eat this delicious meal.
Nutrition Per serving:
Protein 28 g
Fat 15 g
Cholesterol : 74 mg
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Fiber 3 g
This health grill filet mignon and vegetable kebob recipe can be easily alternated with chicken and your choices of favorite vegetables. Just replace the filet mignon with 1 pound of chicken cut into 4 pieces.